Membership in CrossTown Connect is open to any public or private business, educational institution, or community in the CrossTown Connect service area (Acton, Boxborough, Concord, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Westford). Membership investments are based on number of employees for businesses. Community participant investment structure is based on a formula that includes size of the program and hours of transportation service already being provided. Contact CrossTown Connect for information on how you can join.
There are many benefits to being a member of CrossTown Connect including:
- Carpool formation assistance through NuRide, a statewide ridematch database and special events. Log your alternative commutes to earn rewards at local establishments and larger on-line companies.
- An Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program to ensure that when you carpool, walk, bike or take transit you aren't stranded at work in case of an emergency. A taxi or rental car will pick you up within 30 minutes and take you home at no cost to you.
- Participating in a formal structure that allows for collaboration between businesses, municipalities and stakeholders
- Being part of a group that encourages sustainable, cost-effective transportation options that reduce dependence on single-occupancy vehicles
- Supporting a green initiative that reduces traffic congestion and improves air quality in the region
- Programs can assist employers with recruitment and retention efforts
- Businesses and municipalities share financial resources and open revenue streams to fund programs and services
- Staff employed by the TMA can implement a workplan established by the Board and move the group’s agenda forward
- Private dollars are stretched further with public dollars when taking advantage of grant opportunities
- Associated Environmental Systems
- Juniper Networks
- Mill & Main
- Potpourri Group
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- The Gutierrez Company
- West Acton Villageworks
- Town of Acton
- Town of Boxborough
- Town of Littleton
- Town of Maynard
- Town of Westford